Axiom Strawberry Genotyping Array was designed through the Affymetrix Expert Design Program in collaboration with the International RosBREED SNP consortium that spans multiple nations, states, and institutions dedicated to genetic improvement of rosaceous crops.* The array offers genome-wide coverage of polymorphic SNPs across the cultivated garden strawberry hybrid (Fragaria ananassa).
Features of Axiom Strawberry Genotyping Array:
- Comprehensive content: 95,062 SNPs and indels derived from octoploid and diploid cultivars, including 1,761 multi-allelic SNPs and 3,751 SNPs derived from diploid cultivars; the remaining markers are derived from octoploid cultivars
- Multiple cultivars represented: SNP discovery was facilitated with a diverse worldwide breeding germplasm panel that included Holiday, Korona, and F1 seedlings from the cross Holiday x Korona, two likely diploid progenitors, Fragaria mandschurica, F. iinumae, one known diploid F. vesca
Applications of Axiom Strawberry Genotyping Array:
- Complex trait research – QTL discovery, identify traits of economic significance
- Molecular breeding- genome-wide scanning, marker-assisted breeding
- Release of new cultivars – accelerate and increase efficiency of cultivar development, identify the presence of important markers in existing strawberry germplasm, use genetic information to identify germplasm that will perform well in specific growing regions
Notes about the data analysis: Axiom Strawberry Genotyping Array requires advanced analysis. Genotyping many different varieties together may create multiple clusters during the analysis that interfere with each other and/or blend the clusters together. Genotype calls are not provided for multi-allelic SNPs.
Array format: 96-array plate
Axiom®Strawberry Genotyping Array
Axiom genotyping arrays for agrigenomics