The Axiom Human Genotyping SARS-CoV-2 Research Array is a comprehensive whole-genome genotyping tool designed for epidemiological research of host genetics in relation to SARS-CoV-2 infectious disease. The array offers >820,000 markers prioritized for dense coverage of genes implicated in underlying conditions that may influence disease susceptibility, severity, and outcome, including coronary artery disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure. The array also offers dense coverage of the ACE2 and TMPRSS2 genes associated with viral entry points, as well as coverage of relevant pharmacogenes.
The Axiom Human Genotyping SARS-CoV-2 Research Array, along with the Axiom Genotyping Solution, delivers an impactful research solution that converts samples to whole-genome data for multi-ethnic populations. The array can be used to perform both prospective studies and retrospective studies with previously generated data.
Features of the Axiom Human Genotyping SARS CoV-2 Research Array include:
- conditions for association studies and meta-analyses of previously generated data
- Research markers associated with underlying conditions such as lung disease, diabetes, cardiovascular dLarge GWAS module (>820,000) that includes variants for the research of key underlying health isease, and respiratory distress
- A SARS-CoV-2-specific research module that includes markers for:
- Various cytokines and pathway (e.g., NOTCH signaling pathways, RAAS ) associated with immunology, inflammation, and respiratory distress
- ACE2 and TMPRSS2 genes associated with cell surface receptors and virus entry facilitators
- Structural and non-structural proteins predicted or observed to interact with viral proteins
- Pharmacogenomic markers for research into druggable targets and adverse drug reactions
- Variants covering various blood groups including ABO
- Over 18,000 markers from the UK Biobank Axiom Array for the research of cardio-vascular disease and diabetes
Array format: 96-array plate