The Applied Biosystems CarrierScan Assay is an innovative, comprehensive, and high-throughput microarray-based tool for the reliable and robust detection of sequence and structural variation for preconception expanded carrier screening research across a wide range of ethnicities.
Features of the CarrierScan 1S Assay include:
- Consolidate multiple assays into one—replace multiple technologies with a single pan-ethnic assay to detect >6,000 structural and sequence variants in 600 genes for 600 diseases
- Determine SMN1 carrier status
- Trust in your results—empirically selected detection probes and biological validation of the most common markers help enable increased reliability, reproducibility, and confidence in your data
- Analyze and export data with ease—fast, intuitive software simplifies data analysis, export, and reporting of results
- Run more samples and reduce hands-on time—process 96 samples per run, up to 768 samples per week, with the flexibility of manual or automated sample preparation on the GeneTitan Multi-Channel (MC) Instrument
The CarrierScan 1S Assay detects more than 6,000 sequence and structural variants in over 600 genes for 600 diseases. Content includes variants informed by the American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines, as well as from well-curated, prominent databases and peer-reviewed literature.
The CarrierScan 1S Assay Kit includes all necessary array plates, reagents, and instrument consumables to process 96 samples on the GeneTitan Multi-Channel (MC) Instrument.
A single solution forexpanded carrier research