Axiom Buffalo Genotyping Array was designed by the Affymetrix Expert Design Program. The array was developed in collaboration with the International Buffalo Genome Consortia, which included Fondazione Parco Tecnologico Padano in Italy, Iowa State University, and the Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Axiom Buffalo Genotyping Array provides the highest genome-wide coverage of polymorphic SNPs across multiple species and breeds of the water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis bubalis and Bubalus bubalis carabanensis), one of the most important beef and dairy animals in Italy, Brazil, and South Asia. This array is the only commercially available high-density buffalo genotyping tool.
Features of Axiom Buffalo Genotyping Array:
- Comprehensive content – 90,000 common and rare markers selected from sequencing initiatives of the water buffalo (B. bubalis bubalis)
- Multiple breeds represented – Mediterranean, Murrah, Jaffarabadi, and Nili-Ravi
- Robust assay performance – SNPs demonstrate a ≥99%; call rate and ≥80% conversion rate on Murrah and Mediterranean samples
Applications of Axiom Buffalo Genotyping Array:
- Molecular breeding: genomic biomarker discovery, marker-assisted selection, routine screening, DNA fingerprinting for animal tracking
- Complex trait research: high-resolution mapping of genetic loci in complex traits such as milk production, percentage of milk fat, and feed conversion efficiency, discovery of genes and pathways underlying simple and complex traits
- Conservation and biodiversity: population diversity studies in river and swamp buffalo, genomic marker-assisted conservation strategies
Array format: 96-array plate
Axiom™ Buffalo Genotyping Array
Axiom Genotyping Arrays for Agrigenomics