The OncoScan CNV Plus Assay is a whole-genome copy number microarray-based assay that enables the detection of relevant copy number variations (CNVs) such as copy number gain and loss, loss of heterozygosity (LOH), copy neutral loss of heterozygosity (cnLOH), ploidy, allele specific changes, break point determination, mosaicism, clonal heterogeneity, and chromothripsis, as well as a panel of driver somatic mutations.
Key features of the OncoScan CNV Plus Assay include:
- Whole-genome copy number analysis—detect structural variants such as deletions, duplications, LOH, cnLOH, break point determination, ploidy, mosaicism and unbalanced translocations that are not well characterized by short read sequencing or targeted sequencing
- Somatic mutation panel—covering 64 mutations in 9 genes (BRAF, EGFR, IDH1 and 2, KRAS, NRAS, PIK3CA, PTEN, and TP53)
- Comprehensive coverage—whole-genome analysis of genes with established significance and importance in cancer and tumor progression as well as those with emerging evidence, helping to ‘future-proof’ the technology investment and minimize revalidation burden
- Complete flexibility—detect chromosomal arm aberrations, focal changes, LOH, and cnLOH in a single assay, helping reduce costs and processing times
- Robust performance—obtain standardized results from lot to lot and operator to operator
- Low sample input and fast results—get results in 72 hours from only 80 ng of FFPE-derived DNA
- Rapid analysis—free software provides intuitive data visualizations for hundreds of samples in minutes
- High-resolution copy number detection in priority cancer genes—accurate identification of very small (50–125 kb) to large (Mb) copy number variations
The OncoScan CNV Plus Assay provides the reagents for sample preparation from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tumor samples and microarray hybridization and staining. Data analysis is free of charge and easy using one of the three available softwares: Chromosome Analysis Suite (ChAS), Somatic Mutation Viewer 1.1, and Nexus Express software.
OncoScan CNV and CNV Plus Assays